1 January, 2019
Wild Rice DressingPosted in : Sides on by : camro
Wild Rice Dressing
- 1 tbs cayenne pepper
- zest of one orange
- 1/4 cup diced green onions
- 1/2 cup diced sweet onions
- 1 tbs cumin seeds
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- salt & pepper
- 1/3 cup Maple Syrup
- 1 cup pecans
- 3 cups Royal Blend Rice Texmati White, Brown Rice, Wild Rice, and Red Rice
- 8 slices prosciutto
- 5 cups low sodium vegetable or chicken stock
- Olive oil
- In a large pot heat up 2 table spoons of oil to medium high.
- Add onions and cook until translucent,
- Add Cumin Seeds and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add Rice and roast for 1 minute.
- Add Orange zest and mix well.
- Add 4 cups of stock, bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes or until the rice is tender.
- In a frying pan add 2 tbs of oil and cook the prosciutto until crispy. Remove, chop and set aside.
- Add pecans, cayenne pepper, and stock to pan. Stir.
- Add Maple Syrup and stir until mixture becomes sticky. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the rice, the dried cranberries, pecans and prosciutto. Mix all well.
- Decanter into a serving bowl and sprinkle with green onions.