17 August, 2012
Marinated Black-Eyed Pea SaladPosted in : Salads on by : camro
Delicious cold black-eyed pea salad!!
- 1Â 16-oz can black eyed peas, drained
- 1Â 11-oz can shoepeg corn, drained
- 2Â tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4Â purple onion, chopped
- 1Â green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2Â c Splenda (or sugar)
- 1/2Â c Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4Â c canola oil
- 1/2Â t Lawry’s Seasoning
- 1/2Â t ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine peas, corn, tomatoes, onion and bell pepper. In a medium bowl, combine Splenda, vinegar, canola oil, pepper and Lawry’s. Pour over vegetables and refrigerate overnight.
You can substitute 2 teaspoons of Tabasco instead of the Lawry's and black pepper. You can also serve this salad over salad or mixed greens, but it is delicious just by itself.