Chile Rellanos Jose
Very easy breakfast casserole. Can be put together the night before and bake in the morning.
Servings: 8 -10 servings
- 1 large can Hatch Green Chilis whole
- 1 lb Monterrey Jack cheese
- 1/2 lb Cheddar cheese grated
- 5 eggs
- 1/4 c milk
- 1/ c c flour
- salt & pepper
- If cooking immediately, preheat oven to 350.
- Remove the seeds and drain the peppers.
- Cut the Monterrey Jack cheese into strips about 1/4" x 1/2" the length of your peppers.
- Insert the strips of cheese inside the peppers and place side by side in a 9x13 pan.
- Spread the grated cheddar cheese all over the top.
- Beat the eggs with a fork, then add the rest of the ingredients.
- Pour over the top of the peppers and cheese.
- Bake for approximately 45 minutes.
- Optional: serve with fresh chopped tomatoes, green onions, shredded lettuce.
- You can refrigerate and bake later.