25 January, 2017
Mandarin Orange Pretzel DessertPosted in : Uncategorized on by : camro
Mandarin Orange Pretzel Dessert
Mandarin Orange Pretzel Dessert – This classic dessert features a crunchy pretzel crust, a creamy center, and silky top with mandarin oranges and orange flavored gelatin. Perfect for a summer luncheon!
Servings: 16 -20
- 2 cups crushed pretzels
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 8 ounces whipped topping thawed
- 1 box 3 ounce orange gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 can 10 ounce DOLE Mandarin Oranges, drained
- Preheat oven to 350. Coat a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the pretzels, sugar, and butter. Press evenly into the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until mixture is lightly toasted. Set aside to cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar with a handheld mixer. Fold in the whipped topping until thoroughly combined. Spread evenly over the cooled pretzel layer, making sure it goes completely to the edges. Refrigerate until set, about 30-40 minutes.
- In another medium bowl, whisk together the orange gelatin powder with 1 cup boiling water. Stir until completely dissolved. Then whisk in 1 cup of cold water. Gently mix in the mandarin orange slices.
- Pour mixture over the cooled cream cheese layer.
- Refrigerate until completely chilled and set, about 3 hours. Slice and serve!
Spread the cream cheese mixture over the top of the pretzel crust completely to the edges so the gelatin won't leak through.