9 February, 2017
Magnesium Body ButterPosted in : Toiletries on by : camro
Magnesium Body Butter
- 1/2 cup magnesium flakes + 3 Tablespoons boiling water or 1/2 cup pre-made magnesium oil
- 1/4 cup unrefined coconut oil
- 2 Tablespoons emulsifying wax Can also use beeswax, but it becomes more difficult to mix
- 3 Tablespoons Shea Butter
- Pour 3 tablespoons of boiling water <g class="gr_ gr_40 gr-alert gr_spell gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling multiReplace" id="40" data-gr-id="40">in to</g> the magnesium flakes in a small container and stir until it dissolves. This will create a thick liquid. Set aside to cool.
- In a quart size mason jar inside a small pan with 1 inch of water, combine the coconut oil, emulsifying wax and shea butter and turn on medium heat.
- When melted, remove the jar from the pan and let the mixture cool until room temp and slightly opaque. At this point, put in to a medium bowl or into a blender.
- If in a bowl, use a hand blender or immersion blender on medium speed and start blending the oil mixture.
- Slowly (starting with a drop at a time) add the dissolved magnesium mixture to the oil mixture while continuing blending until all of the magnesium <g class="gr_ gr_36 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_run_anim Grammar multiReplace" id="36" data-gr-id="36">mix</g> is added and it is well-mixed.
- Put in the fridge for 15 minutes and re-blend to get body butter consistency.
- Store in fridge for a cooling lotion (best consistency) or at room temp for up to two months.