Month: August 2019
Prep Time: 15 minutes – Cook Time: 55 minutes Servings: 2 Pies, 16 servings
- 2 cans pumpkin
- 6 eggs
- 1 c sugar
- 1 c dark brown sugar
- 1 t salt
- 2 t cinnamon
- 1/2 t cloves
- 1/2 t nutmeg
- 1/2 t ginger
- 3 c evaporated milk
- Mix all ingredients together and split between two pie shells.
- Bake at 450 for ten minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350 and continue baking for 40-45 minutes.
- Monitor middle and when it’s not jiggly, it’s done.
Wild Rice Dressing
Prep Time: 15 minutes – Cook Time: 20 minutes Servings: 12 servings
- 1 tbs cayenne pepper
- The zest of an orange
- 1/4 cup of diced green onions
- 1/2 cup of diced sweet onions
- 1 tbs of cumin seeds
- 1/2 cup of dried cranberries
- salt & pepper
- 1/3 cup of Maple Syrup
- 1 cup of pecans
- 3 cups of Royal Blend Rice (Texmati White, Brown Rice, Wild Rice, and Red Rice)
- 8 slices of prosciutto
- 5 cups of low sodium vegetable or chicken stock
- Olive oil.
- In a large pot heat up 2 table spoons of oil to medium high.
- Add onions and cook until translucent,
- Add Cumin Seeds and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add Rice and roast for 1 minute.
- Add Orange zest and mix well.
- Add 4 cups of stock, bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes or until the rice is tender.
- In a frying pan add 2 tbs of oil and cook the prosciutto until crispy. Remove, chop and set aside.
- Add pecans, cayenne pepper, and stock to pan. Stir.
- Add Maple Syrup and stir until mixture becomes sticky. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the rice, the dried cranberries, pecans and prosciutto. Mix all well.
- Decanter into a serving bowl and sprinkle with green onions.