Skip to content
Bang Bang Shrimp
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Thai-style sweet chili sauce
- 3 dashes Sriracha hot chili sauce, or to taste
- 1/2 cup cornstarch, or as needed
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- oil for frying
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped, or to taste
- Whisk mayonnaise, sweet chili sauce, and Sriracha hot sauce together in a bowl.
- Place cornstarch in a shallow bowl. Gently press shrimps into cornstarch to coat; shake off any excess.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Working in batches, cook the shrimp until they are lightly browned on the outside and the meat is no longer transparent in the center, about 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer to paper towels to drain. Put cooked shrimp in a bowl and pour chile sauce mixture over the shrimp. Toss gently to coat.
- Line a serving bowl with lettuce leaves. Pour shrimp into bowl and top with green onion.