Prep Time: 15 minutes – Cook Time: 1 hour Servings: 2 loaves
- 1 c milk
- 3 T sugar
- 1 T salt
- 1 T butter
- 1 c warm water
- 2 pkg yeast
- 1 c extra sharp cheddar (packed tightly and heaped)
- 4 1/2 c flour
- Scald milk. Stir in sugar, salt, butter. Cool to lukewarm.
- Stir yeast into warm water.
- Add to milk and add grated cheese.
- Add flour. Stir until blended.
- Cover and let rise until more than double.
- Stir down and beat vigorously.
- Turn into two 9×5 pans.
- Bake 50-60 minutes at 375 degrees.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 16.11 g||24.8%|
|Sodium 1334.41 mg||55.6%|
|Total Carbohydrate 241.92 g||80.6%|
|Dietary Fiber 17.28 g||69.1%|
|Sugars 13.25 g|
|Protein 50.87 g|
|Vitamin A 12.12 %||Vitamin C 0.12 %|
|Calcium 29.53 %||Iron 23.02 %|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.