Skip to content
Creamy Tomato Pasta
- 10oz spaghetti
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup tomato puree
- 3/4 cup thickened cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup parmesan, freshly grated
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 chicken bouillon cube, crumbled
- ground pepper
- Cook pasta in a big pot of boiling water for time per packet MINUS 2 minutes. Just before draining, scoop out a mugful of pasta cooking water.
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and onion, cook until translucent – about 2 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients. Stir until parmesan is melted. Turn heat up slightly and simmer for 2 minutes. Adjust salt to taste.
- Add pasta. Toss for 1 to 2 minutes or until sauce thickens and is clinging to pasta instead of swimming on the base of the skillet (video shows this well). Use reserved pasta cooking water if required to thin the sauce out if it gets too thick.
- Serve immediately, garnished with more parmesan and parsley if desired.