Skip to content
Pollo Rosa Maria
- 4 chicken breasts, split
- 4 slices prosciutto ham
- 1/2 cup Fontina cheese
LEMON BUTTER TOPPING
- 1/2 cup clarified butter
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 small yellow onion, diced
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup fresh sweet basil, chopped
- juice of one lemon
- Open chicken breasts and place butterfly-style on grill over white-hot coals of live oak and pecan wood.
- Grill 3-5 minutes per side or until cooked through. Remove from grill.
- When chicken is cool enough to handle, hold breast halves together and stuff each breast with one slice of prosciutto and 1/8 cup Fontina cheese.
- Secure with wooden picks and set aside in a warm place.
Lemon Butter and Topping
- In a large sauté pan over medium heat, combine clarified butter, garlic, and onion and sauté until tender.
- Deglaze pan with white wine.
- Add unsalted butter, salt, and pepper.
- Add mushrooms to butter mixture and sauté 1 to 2 minutes or until cooked.
- Add basil and lemon juice and stir to combine.
- Place chicken on a serving platter and top with mushrooms in lemon-basil butter and serve.