Skip to content
- 1 lb ground Italian Sausage
- 10 slices of chopped bacon
- 4 russet potatoes – thinly sliced
- 1 large yellow onion – chopped
- 6 cloves of garlic – chopped
- 5 cups of low sodium chicken broth
- 4 cups of water
- 5 cups of chopped kale
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Red pepper flakes
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- Freshly grated Parmesano
- In a large cast iron pot, at medium high heat, cook the sausage. Set sausage aside.
- Add bacon to pot and cook to crispy. Remove bacon. Set aside.
- Add onions to bacon grease and cook until translucent.
- Add garlic and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add a pinch of pepper flakes.
- Re-introduce sausage and bacon to pot.
- Add chicken broth and water.
- Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Add kale and potatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cook covered for 20 minutes.
- Add heavy cream and stir well. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Serve and top with freshly grated Parmesano.